Any pet owner who is worried about a potentially sick or injured animal does not want to wait a single second longer than is necessary to get information about the condition of the pet. This is why we at The Veterinary Clinic have established our very own facility for conducting tests on people’s animal companions.
Benefits of an In-House Laboratory
There are a number of benefits of going to a vet with an in-house lab like the facilities we have here.
- Emergency - Faster results are available because we conduct the lab tests right here on the premises. When seconds matter, you’ll be glad we have our own lab.
- More comprehensive information on a pet’s status - The more details we can obtain through testing, the more accurate the diagnosis can be.
- Safer for pets undergoing anesthesia - Before we put your animal under sedation, we will use our in-house lab to conduct the all-important pre-anesthetic testing. A baseline set with laboratory details now also helps establish what levels will be needed for your pet during any future tests.
- Reduced anxiety - Pet owners who are worried sick about the state of their animal companion will not have to wait long hours or over a weekend to learn what’s happening and what treatment options are now available.
A variety of procedures can be performed here, with support from the pet diagnostics lab Brunswick ME residents know they can depend on. Examples of procedures that we routinely conduct include:
- Chemistry Profile
- Complete blood count
- Ear cytology
- Fecal exams (these are designed to identify if your pet has tapeworms, roundworms, hookworms or whipworms)
- Heartworm disease
- Mass cytology
- Pancreatitis tests
- Skin cytology
- Skin scrapes (such as from animals playing too hard outside)
- Virus tests (including such illnesses as Feline Immunodeficiency Virus, Feline Leukemia Virus and Parvovirus)
- Urine tests
We Have a Fully Equipped IDEXX Laboratory
For the benefit of all the pets that come through our doors, our practice uses a fully equipped IDEXX Laboratory.
The IDEXX in-house lab is excellent for doing a number of tests, such as for heartworm exams and tick-borne diseases. When the vet orders a series of blood tests, chemistry profiles or needs to learn details of a pet’s electrolytes levels, the IDEXX lab is available for fast answers.
Set an Appointment for a Wellness Checkup at The Veterinary Clinic Today
Whether your pet needs a routine wellness check up (our vet recommends that you come in at least once a year to give your pet a full exam) or has an injury or illness that needs immediate diagnosis and treatment, we’re available to help. For more information about the best pet diagnostics and to set an appointment for service, please contact The Veterinary Clinic today.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!